With Christmas around the corner, Activate Learning are getting ready for the annual Christmas gift collection for students in need.
2020 has been a difficult year for many and Activate Learning want to help students whose families may be experiencing financial hardship or who may be preparing to spend the holidays on their own, so they get to pamper themselves and get into the festive spirit.
What shall I buy if I want to help?
Students and staff can choose one or more items from the list below – every little helps!
- Toiletries – Nice smelling shower gels, moisturiser, little gift sets, deodorant, lip balm, face masks
- Snacks and treats – Chocolate, biscuits, dried foods, Christmas snacks
- Stationery – Notebooks, pencils, pens, sticker books
- Stocking fillers – little games, knitted hats, scarves, gloves, fiction books
- Anything else that you think would be a nice small gift or treat for one of our students to receive
We are also looking for unused Christmas cards, gift wrap and gift bags, so please bring some along if you can help.
Where do I take my donation to?
Please take your donation by Friday 4 December to your closest donation point:
- Banbury – TBC (HoCSE – Lisa Briscoe)
- Bracknell – Student Support offices on the ground floor (HoCSE – Gina Moore)
- Farnham and Guildford: TBC (HoCSE – Neil Brookes)
- Merrist Wood: The Oaks, Harris Centre reception, Woodlands, Animal Management Unit (HoCSE – Laura Asbridge)
- Oxford: TBC (HoCSE – Mat Sentance)
- Reading: B24 (HoCSE – Charlotte Morgan)
If you know of any students that should receive a box, please speak to the Group Student Services team on campus, or to your Head of Campus – Student Experience. They will be happy to answer any questions you may have about the scheme.