This professional course is designed for plumbers currently employed in the industry, who are looking to progress and upskill in their field.
Through practical, onsite work and in depth assessment, your skills will flourish for you to take forward in your career. With well-rounded training, you will be equipped to complete tasks efficiently and effectively.
What you'll learn
During this course, you will:
- you will gain an NVQ 2 qualification
- carry out site based work and be reviewed by an assessor
- complete a portfolio of evidence, consisting of photographs of your site work alongside write ups
- learn content based on Health and Safety (H&S) plans, site preparation, installation, commissioning, decommissioning and maintenance tasks
How you'll learn and be assessed
You will learn, site based plumbing skill, including:
- systems and fittings
- fitting sanitary appliances
- plumbing and heating pipework
- soldering and joining techniques
- commissioning and testing procedures
- dealing with valves, taps, and cisterns maintenance
Upon successful completion of this course, you can progress to an NVQ Level 3.
To be employed in industry, with a Level 2 in plumbing.
Including site visits, you will be required to attend college on occasion to complete portfolio work.