Is a lack of an English GCSE holding you back? With a 100% pass rate and success rates that are much higher than the national average, you can enrol with confidence!
Our FREE* and uniquely flexible online English GCSE course means that even if you are working full-time or caring for family, you can fit learning around your busy life.
We know many people struggled with their English GCSE in the past and helping you through your learning journey is our area of expertise, so our course has been specially designed so that you begin with the basics, then move gradually to more complex material when you are ready.
The first thing we will ask you to do when you apply, is complete a short online English assessment.
Please don’t worry, it just helps us to understand your starting point so we can best plan your journey. Depending on your knowledge base you may first benefit from the additional support of our FREE Functional Skills English Level 1: Online GCSE preparation course, getting you ready to progress directly to English GCSE or an alternative online pathway.
Our friendly team of education advisers will lay out the best learning path for you.
Our August 2022 results for GCSE English Online:
- 100% passed the course, compared to a national rate of 94.2%
- 79% received a grade 4 (equivalent to C) or above, compared to a national rate of 46.1%
Please note: If you do not have a minimum grade of 4 (C) in English at GCSE you may be able to study this course for free. This would also depend on your location within the UK, but we would check this for you during your application process.
If you have already obtained a grade 4 (C) or higher, or live in a non-funded postcode, a fee would be payable. The course is only open to students 19+ at the beginning of the academic year (31 August). Fees are also applicable for international students.
What you'll learn
Your course will include:
- A mix of online self-study, plus lessons with a qualified English teacher
- Daily “5-minute English Challenge” to complete on your smartphone
- A weekly online lesson
- Weekly additional drop-in live online sessions with your Tutor
- Access to a 24/7 Century English platforms for practice at a time that suits
- Course and final exam
With practice and support you will see your English skills improve rapidly, opening a new world of education and career opportunities.
How you'll learn and be assessed
*What do I gain:
- A 100% free online GSCE English course
- The support and expert teaching you would expect from an OFSTED ‘Good’ provider
- Access to a personal tutor and our in-house English teachers
- Credited examinations* with a choice of seven centres to sit your exams:
- Oxfordshire: City of Oxford College, Banbury and Bicester College
- Berkshire: Reading College, Bracknell and Wokingham College
- Surrey: Guildford College, Farnham College, and Merrist Wood College
- Improve your English skills with a daily English challenge sent directly to your smartphone
You are signing up to practice English every day for 200 days; we will send you in addition to your taught lessons, a five-minute exercise every day, which you can complete on your smartphone. You will see your English skills improve rapidly when you train every day, even for just a few minutes.
*Please be aware that some GCSE courses with other providers don’t include the exams.
GCSE English is a stepping stone to further education, a fulfilling career, and a better future. A GCSE in English is a game-changer for different jobs, university, and life in general.
This course is delivered online through ‘live’ teaching sessions and digital materials, accessible via a PC/laptop (desirable) or tablet.
You will need a few hours a week to practice and study.
Please be aware that some GCSE courses with other providers do not include the exams.