The aim of this qualification is to provide learners with the knowledge and understanding of babies and young children from birth to 7 years of age with applied knowledge in the early years, 0-5 years.
The qualification content meets the Department for Education’s (DfE) Level 2 full and relevant criteria for a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner in the workforce.
What you'll learn
You will study a number of units in order to achieve the total number of unit credits for the qualification.
Examples of areas you will study include:
- Roles and responsibilities of the Early Years Practitioner
- Safeguarding, protection and welfare of babies and young children in early years settings
- Promote play in an early years setting
- Partnership working in the early years
How you'll learn and be assessed
There are no written exams for this course. Instead you will build an e-portfolio which will include coursework and practical assessments in your voluntary placement.
This qualification can help you to find
paid employment at Level 2 in the Early Years Workforce, working under
supervision in roles such as:
- Nursery practitioner
- Pre-school practitioner
- EYFS classroom assistant
Four GCSEs including English language and maths, minimum grade 3 or a Level 1 – Merit.
You will also require an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). You must have a clear DBS with no criminal convictions, reprimands or cautions.
Students MUST have the relevant DBS documents prior to enrolment:
- Birth certificate, issued within the first 12 months of birth
- Passport that is in date or a provisional driving licence
- Bank statement in the student’s name, dated within 3 months