This course is a fully online, self-directed, independent study course with assessor support and guidance. Students must have use of a laptop to complete this course and must be aged 19+ at the beginning of the academic year (31 August).
Challenging behaviour is causing increasing concern today as many individuals have increasing levels of stress and uncertainty in their lives. This behaviour can be due to factors such as anxiety, neglect, abuse, learning disabilities and conditions like dementia. Understanding the causes of challenging behaviour is the first step towards finding ways to support individuals and manage their behaviour. There are lots of reasons why someone’s behaviour might be challenging, anxiety, neglect, abuse, learning disabilities, dementia, to mention just a few.
If you want to gain a better understanding of challenging behaviour and how to support individuals who display it, this online qualification is a great way to build your knowledge. You will learn about what ‘behaviour that challenges’ means, why some people display this behaviour and the impact it can have. You’ll also gain insight into how to support positive behaviour, the importance of communication and how to manage challenging behaviour.
Sign up today and you’ll be registered on the next weekly intake.
What you'll learn
This is a fully online self-directed, independent study course with tutor support and guidance.
- Understand Behaviour That Challenges
- Understand How to Support Positive Behaviour
- Understand the Importance of Effective
- Communication and the Management of Behaviour That Challenges
- Understand the Role of Reflection and Support for Those Involved in Incidents of Behaviour that Challenges
How you'll learn and be assessed
- Achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 qualification
- Improve your understanding of the reasons why individuals display behaviour that challenges and its impact
- Further your personal and professional development
- Be able to support individuals effectively
- Learn at a time that suits you without the need to attend college
NCFE Principles of Dementia Care Level 2: Online
NCFE Understanding Autism Level 2: Online
NCFE Understanding Safe Handling of Medication Level 2: Online
NCFE Children and Young People’s Mental Health Level 2: Online
NCFE Awareness of Mental Health Problems Level 2: Online
NCFE Understanding Climate Change and Environmental Awareness Level 2: Online
NCFE Certificate in the Principles of the Prevention and Control of Infection in Health Care Settings Level 2: Online
NCFE Understanding Safeguarding and Prevent Level 2: Online
NCFE Understanding Behaviour that Challenges Level 2: Online
NCFE Understanding Nutrition and Health Level 2: Online
NCFE Principles of Business Administration Level 2: Online
NCFE Counselling Skills Level 2: Online
NCFE Personal Care Needs Level 2: Online
- Be aged 19+
- Live in England
- Been in the EU for three years for purposes other than study (and able to provide documentation)
- Not currently enrolled on an apprenticeship
- Not completed any part of the course before
- If aged 19-23 must have a Level 2 qualification